Sunday 20 November 2011

What are "Prewrites"? What is BEST? What is REALLY? What is suck up? What is dirty pretty? Gmorning Poetry Knows Cos Melissa Burns Knows!

Contest So you're a poet huh? {{{PREWRITES WELCOME}}} by Melissa Burns

Description & Prompts

This contest lasts 2 wks, prewrites welcome, one entry per person.

I want your very BEST poem ever. I don't care what it's about - but I want something REALLY good. Something I can sink my teeth into, and that I want to read over and over again. Yes, you can suck up and read my poems (and thank you by the way, those who will) but I will still judge accordingly.

Rules
Dirty pretty etc is OK as long as it is really easy to read.
{{{NO mention of terminal illness}}}

That's about it ppl - pretty cut and dry. So come on, write and dig out that old favorite - impress me!

About the Host

Melissa Burns has run 27 contests since joining in 2005.

Judging Notes

Thanks for entering my contest. Listen, There were about 10 poems I wanted to give a gold to - and prob a half dozen more whom needed a min of a silver - but alas we are poor in the points department. Just b/c you didn't win doesn't mean your poem didn't rock - read your comments - you will know who you are Thanks again for entering & hopefully we'll do this again soon!
Add to my bookmarks

Winners • Read 3Read all 22

Entries

Add a comment

Please login or register to comment. I'd love to get a comment from you!
  • Melissa Burns
    3 years ago
    Reply
    Thank you in advance those who will enter my contest - looking forwards to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment